Saturday, January 14, 2006

Dubba Tee Eff?

I have noticed something about Blogexplosions Battle of the Blogs. At this moment in time there are 8 Battles going on. Which means 16 individuals in the contest. Each battle needs 15 votes to complete and people are unable to vote in their own battles (obviously). So if that is the case then why does it take anywhere from 45 minutes to 5 hours for one battle to complete? Simple people put up their blog for the battle blotter and leave. They don't vote on any of the other battles. Granted I usually vote on the battles I want to vote on but I never vote on them all. There are just some topics I prefer to stay away from Politics and Religion to be the main ones. Though I do vote unless 2 blog friends are going at it then I don't vote in those either for the obvious reasons.

I also feel that there are way too many categories. I've seen blogs sit on that blotter for various things for days at a time. Those categories should be down grated or reclassified to something like general/misc. at least. There is a battle all feature though I suppose a lot of people are worried about their ranking. Seriously who gives a damn. It's exposure and it's 15 guaranteed traffic hits during that time. For example there is a lifetime worst 50 fighters link on their page. There you will see The Snoop Zone this blogs record is 22 Wins / 312 Losses. That's 5010 clicks to this blog. Everyday I see this blog in a running battle. I know some people think that he may be dumb for continuing his diminishing record but, that is not it. He has gotten massive traffic from the battle of the blogs. After all that's why we join a traffic producing site right? So that we get traffic.

So if your in a battle vote on a few of the other battles if you do that then your battle will be over quicker and you can get into another to start getting more traffic. BlogExplosion has a 1 credit one view policy. If you pay 10 credits for a battle that's 5 free views. And if you win then you just got 15 views at the expense of the other person. When you vote if you pick the winning blog then you get a percentage of a credit. Really that doesn't mean crap but as the old saying goes. Every cent helps.

14 Comments:

Blogger malfouka said...

I am quite proud of my ranking as one of the top 50 biggest losers. My goal is to someday surpass Snoop Zone. People who take battle of the blogs seriously, need to get a freakin' life. If you want a "serious" battle, go to Blog Thunderdome

11:44 AM  
Blogger All Night said...

I do agree that some people do wait for what seems like forever before their challenge is taken. I saw one guy wait atleast a week if not longer. I try to vote in other battles while waiting for mine to end.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Noner said...

You know, it never occured to me to vote for some reason. I'll have to make more of an effor to do that now. Espically if I'm entering a challenge myself.

Oh, and thank you for your comment at my writers blog. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Jetting Through Life said...

I agree with you Mjo!! I stay away from politics and relgion too!!

Hope all is well!!

XXOO,
JTL

9:33 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Like you said, some of those blogs sit up there for DAYS waiting for someone to take their challenge. How could they be around to vote? Could you imagine sitting at your comupter until someone actually TOOK your battle? Ha!
Peace.............

10:39 AM  
Anonymous FyreGoddess said...

I think a lot of the reason that people don't vote is because when each participant only wagers 10 credits, it doesn't really make it worthwhile for those voting. Personally, I've stopped entering for less than 15 credits and I won't vote for blogs with less than 30 total.

Everyone who votes gets that percentage of the wager, though, regardless of who wins the battle.

I have the same problem with this as I do with the overall concept of BE. You can get people to click, but you can't make them read. It's often going to be about layout and template than the content on the blog. People are more concerned about getting more credits to increase their own traffic than stopping and giving real traffic to the blogs they're clicking on.

But, what do I know? I mean, here I am, I *read* your site ;)

~FG };^>

10:44 AM  
Blogger PresentStorm said...

Yeah I have wondered that myself ...Why enter one and take off ..If everyone would go vote even for just the first one that come to ..it would go sooooo much faster.Who knows !!!

Thanks for renting to me :) :banana: :)

2:11 PM  
Anonymous FyreGoddess said...

Right on. When I saw your challenge coming to an end, I figured if no one else had that you'd take me up on it.

*shakes hands for a fair battle*

~FG };^>

4:34 PM  
Blogger Riss said...

I noticed another weird thing about Battle of the Blogs. My sometimes I look and there are 6 or 7 votes left, then a moment later the battle is over. And my site counter doesn't catch the lightning-quick voters ever.

I think it's all random.

4:59 PM  
Blogger dolphinfan said...

You mean you don't have to read the entire blog before you vote? J.K.!

If you are going to take a challenge then you should at least vote on a few.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous rockyjay said...

Actually, whichever blog you vote, you will get those credits.

It used to be that credits were split ONLY between people who voted winning blog. In my opinion, that change ruined BotB.

BotB sure gives you clicks, but NOT that much (real) readers, however, it's rather like a dating service; it introduces you to new people - and vice versa.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

It's because BE sucks cock.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous kevin said...

The thing is with BOTB there is like a blog explosion click and if you go up against any of those people you lose. Yeah you generate some traffic but people are on there for so such a small amount of time. My blog is content heavy and not visually tricky which I think costs me.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Martina said...

@kevin do you realize that it's impossible to comment on your blog?

I agree with the wagering at least 15 credits suggestion.. this will make your battle finish alot faster. Also, I rarely ever see someone offering their blog up for battle; most of the time I have to do it myself. Of course the people who accept a blog challenge have an advantage over the one who's offering it, because they can obviously view the blog first and see if they have a chance.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home