Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Second Hand is Painfull

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick.....

I'm awaiting the day in which I can get out of the sandbox for a few days. If you have read previous posts of mine you should know what I mean. While I sit and wait all I hear right now is the second hand. Tick, Tick, Tick.... There are 2 clocks in my office. One clock has the current time in Iraq while the other clock has the time from the Eastern United States on it. These clocks are both right but fractions of a second in difference. You will hear one then the other and so on. It's funny though, some days I don't hear them but, knowing that I'm leaving in a few days to go on leave that's all I hear. Other then the helicopters and planes that fly over head from time to time. I'm tring to look at it in the fashion that I'm one second closer to being home but, for right now I'm slowly ticking down as the time ticks by.

4 Comments:

Blogger Universal Soldier said...

The closer it gets the slower time goes.

9:57 AM  
Blogger PresentStorm said...

That is soooo cool that it's almost time !!!I know you are so excited...I hope the time until departure speeds up for ya and you have a very safe trip :)
Stormii

2:41 PM  
Blogger Jetting Through Life said...

Make sure you get all of the sand out of your boots before coming home! I hate sand!

6:41 AM  
Blogger a troubled mind? said...

have a great trip, matt. give me a call when you're stateside.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home